Monday, January 6, 2014

Part 2 of stuff most of you don’t care about

Food: I eat before I leave the house, and then have a bunch of small meals throughout the day. I’d like to say I eat exclusively from the Feed Zone Portables cookbook, but I’m just not that diligent. Occasionally I’ll make some rice cakes or something but motivation has been lacking recently.  It doesn’t hurt that we have a pretty good cafeteria with a descent salad bar and soups that don’t look like they’ll congeal at room temperature. The entrees are usual good too but I find it’s more than I want to eat at once. I know, I don’t have to eat it all at once but it just seems to disappear before I can decide to save some for later. So, what does my normal day look like? I have a bowl of oatmeal before I leave. Some fruit when I get into the office. I had taken up the habit of getting an omelet or breakfast burrito but I’ve decided that was a bad idea. Well at least right now where the weather and road conditions don’t have me riding every day. Sometime around 11 I’ll have some sort of larabar type thing. I tend to eat lunch closer to 1:00. Afternoon is time for the pbj if I brought one from home. Otherwise I have a jar of peanut butter in the office along with a container of oats. I don’t actually make oatmeal. I just mix the peanut butter with the oats in a cup and have at it. Dark chocolate chips are an added bonus, but I haven’t resorted to that at work yet. Oh, and more fruit if I have it. I might go back to the jar of peanut butter around 4:00 if I’m still feeling hungry. I definitely try not to leave work on an empty stomach.


Exciting, isn’t it. I might get around to talking about gear (lights, helmets, fenders, etc.) tomorrow. 

No comments: