Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Let's play the guess what's in my bag game

So, the question of the day was: What do you keep at work and what do you carry around in the bag?

What's in the bag

Hmm, let's start at 6 o'clock and kind of sweep around counter clockwise.
- generic sudafed
- spare coin batteries for my rear light
- some cord
- spare battery for my AYUP light
- hi-vis orange vest
- rain jacket
- medium weight hat
- pump
- spare 29er tube in an awesome strap
- patch kit
- cable lock
- C02 inflator
- 2 spare road tubes
- tulbag (with tools in it even)
- spare road tire (new)
- another road tube (I think this one needs to be patched)
- House/car/bike lock keys
- I Bike Boston sticker
- Oracle pen
- spare C02
- spare battery for a Blackberry I no longer have
- usb memory thingy
- bicycle accident report
- earphone / mic for the Blackberry I still no longer have
- fob for work
- pocket knife
- name tag from I have no idea where
- A one dollar bill and about 5 lbs in change

Work:

- spare road tube
- Cat's Tongue towel
- spare road tire (used)
- Mad Alchemy chamois creme
- some $$$

What have we learned? I need to go through the crap in my bag more often. Not only do I have stuff for crap I don't even own, I just have some crap for no reason whatsoever. Not to mention I have stuff for the road bike that is currently in my basement on the trainer and probably won't be ridden outside for a couple months. At least I didn't find any rotten bananas. It's happened. It's not pretty.

Why do I have a couple road tires around. I found some short sections of trail on the way to the office that I was hitting on the road bike. It was great until I cut the sidewall in a tire. Then I did it again. Now I don't hit the trail on my road bike. Anyway, one of the tires I currently have on the bike has a patched sidewall and is of questionable integrity. I'm just trying to get every last bit out of it before it goes and I want to be prepared when it does.

 

No comments: